A List Of Travel And Identification Documents Required to Enter Canada

A List Of Travel And Identification Documents Required to Enter Canada

Before traveling to Canada, you should know the necessary documents for entry. A valid passport, birth certificate, and eID card are essential. Other forms of identification may cause significant delays and even trigger secondary screening. Documentation requirements vary based on the method of entry, and some require long lead times. Knowing the required documentation ahead of time will save you time at the border and avoid delays.

COVID-19 vaccinated travelers

The IRCC has compiled a list of the travel and identification documents that COVID-19 vaccinated travelers must present when entering Canada. A full vaccination is required to enter Canada. The last dose of the COVID-19 vaccine must be received at least 14 days before entry. The list includes documents that prove the vaccinated traveler’s vaccination.

Until the change takes effect, unvaccinated travelers will continue to be randomly selected for COVID-19 testing during entry and leave. Until then, they must stay in quarantine for 14 days. There are exceptions, such as fully vaccinated students attending a designated learning institution. Minors entering Canada with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan will not be required to undergo quarantine.

Enhanced driver’s license

If you’re planning a quick trip to Canada, you can use a Michigan-enhanced driver’s license instead of a passport. This new enhanced license complies with WHTI regulations, which require drivers to provide a valid passport or an enhanced driver’s license when crossing the border. The final phase of the WHTI goes into effect on June 1, 2009. For now, you can still use a standard Michigan driver’s license for travel, but you’ll have to present a passport or another federally recognized identity document when crossing the border.

E-ID card

If you’re traveling to Canada and wish to have a valid photo ID, you may want to get an E-ID card. These cards are issued by the state of Michigan and are a great option for travelers and commercial drivers. The government approves the E-ID card, which can be used for land travel into other North American countries. The best part about the E-ID card is that it meets your driving and identification needs.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *